Hello there :)

Hello and welcome to my brand new blog - Green Without Grass :)

I'm C, a graduate student in philosophy in Toronto, Ontario.  When I moved to the city, I was excited to finally have the chance to live in my own place, but it was hard to find a one-bedroom apartment in a nice area that wasn't situated at basement-level (I need natural light!).  So, my boyfriend A and I opted to move into a condo.

That's where this story begins.

Condos are great, don't get me wrong!  But there are a number of things that I learned the hard way after moving in that I wish I had known before.  This blog isn't about all of those things, though; it's about a very specific subset of them.  Arguably the most significant thing I now know that I wish I had known before is how hard it is to be green in a condo. Or, at least, in this condo.

My aim is to post a few updates a week to let you know about my progress in my mission to be as green as possible despite the limitations of condo life (especially the lack of a lawn - hence, the name "green without grass").  It was also really be great to hear your feedback, as well as any tips and tricks you can offer :)  My ultimate hope is that this blog will help serve as a resource for others who are experiencing similar struggles, and in that way I would like to acknowledge, in advance, the huge debt of gratitude I owe to all present and future readers and contributors.

Before launching into it, though, a bit of shameless self-promotion... :)

A and I will be climbing all 1776 stairs (144 flights) of Toronto's CN Tower on April 16th, to raise money for the World Wildlife Fund.  If you would like to help me reach (or, better, surpass!) my fundraising goal of $150, please click here to visit my online donations page.  I will also be contributing 50% of the proceeds from my two Etsy shops, thepixie and petitchateau, to the cause.

Thanks in advance for your support!

0 comments:

Post a Comment